My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Break from Life...

I love weekend get-aways. We were able to go with Jason's family to St. George this past weekend. My sister-in-law Katy's family has a house down there and she invited us all to go. The kids were super excited. We left Thursday night and came home Sunday. Friday was spent hiking around the Dixie Rock and the narrows. While eating dinner that night at Cafe Rio we heard about a 10k that was happening in the morning. So Katy, Kate & I ended up running it. I've ran that far before but that was my first official 10k. Later that day we took the kids to the fountains and although it was a bit chilly, they loved it. Saturday ended with girls night out - shopping the outlets, dinner & ice cream. We found matching shirts for all of the Carter boys, which is a funny story all in itself. We had a great weekend and are grateful to Katy & Dan for inviting us.
Our little family.
Jason & Nati.
Nati, Brax & I.
Jason, Nati & Dylan.
Me, Nati & Katy.
Nati & Maddi - this was as far as swimming went because of the cold water.
Brax having a blast at the fountains.
My 3 cuties.
Look how cute - all in matching shirts.
The kids all slept together in one room.
The 3 runners chilling out after the race - and being a little proud of ourselves for doing it.

2 comments:

Katy said...

It sure was fun! Glad you guys came!

lovell said...

That's awesome. Good for you girl. You have inspired me to try harder. I've decided to start running again. We need to plan a something for when school gets out. We should meet at the park and bring lunch. Let me know what you think.