My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mr. Fix it

Not unlike many people I have a laundry hamper. I love my hamper, so much so that it's been on it's last leg for a while. Pieces have fallen off and the actual material is barely hanging onto the frame that is also falling apart. Lucky for me, Mr. Fix-it lives with me. One day last week I was doing laundry and complaining about the fact that my whole laundry system was in jeopardy when Mr. Fix-it came in and took over. He used pipe cleaners to hold the material to the frame then scoured the entire house to find a screw to hold the one part of the frame that had fallen off. He tried to use a screw driver but it didn't work so he used the drill to get it in (with the supervision of his Dad). With extreme "coolness" gleaming from his every pore he asks "Why do they call it a screw driver? You can't drive it, it doesn't have enough room for people to sit in it, it doesn't have a license or a license plate." After our giggling we tried to explain it to him and now he is after anything that needs fixing. So, be warned - Braxton is out there looking for projects.

2 comments:

brunger bunch said...

The pipe cleaner looks fabulous, and the thought provoking question mad me laugh...he is so cute. I'll keep him in mind the next time I have a project:)

Danielle Thompson said...

so very sweet! love those little boys!