My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, January 4, 2010

2009....A year of Miracles

Chris with Myah.
Mom's last chemo treatment.The short hair that is still short. I may never go long again.
Danny, Kacen and Jentry.

I decided a while ago that this blog is more like my journal/scrapbook. My intention is to, at some point in time, have it all printed out and bound for a scrapbook. So this particular post is more for me than an update for you all. You all know it all anyways:) As 2009 came to a close I thought a lot about all that the year brought to my life. It is definitely one for the record books. It all started on January 6th with mom revealing that she had found a lump. Strange to think that it was one year ago almost to the day. Our lives turned upside down and flipped over. While the cancer treatments and different things started taking place we were planning a wedding for Danny. We were so excited that he had finally found "the one". Jentry is such a sweetheart and is so good for Danny. In February my oldest brother Chris came for a visit. He was having a hard time being so far away and not being able to see mom and how she was doing. That was the weekend that we all wacked our hair off. The boys went bald and I went short. It was great to be all together, even though the circumstances weren't that great. Mom kept up with working and doing chemo, taking a week off after each treatment. Time went by so slow. I was wanting it all over for her. May came, along with chemo being done. Yeah!!! We had a bridal shower for Jentry and finally found a dress for mom for the wedding. She was so concerned about not wanting to look sick. On May 27th miracle #1 came to us. Little Myah Katherine was born. After 9 years of waiting & trying everything, Chris & Andrea were blessed to have another baby. She is a keeper. We love her so much and can't wait to see them this summer. On May 30th miracle #2 took place. Danny got married!! She said "I do" and it was a beautiful wedding. From the amazing decorations, valet parking, astonishing dinner and fabulous reception.... I think he agrees that she was worth the wait. School was out and the summer was under way. Mom had surgery in June and it went as well as we could have hoped, considering the fact that there were 2 Kathie Lee's getting the same surgery on the same day. We had a fun time at the ball park between Jason playing, Dylan playing and Braxton playing, it was great. Dylan's team took 1st place! We started getting ready for school to start and for mom to finish radiation. On September 2nd miracle #3 took place. She was declared cancer free. Words cannot express our joy. The thought of not having her here brings me to my knees. She fought and won. She doesn't think that she is as strong as she is, but we all know better. A few days later we went to Disneyland. It was a time to celebrate. I'm already for another trip back. In October miracle #4 came to us. Grandpa Ned had a massive stroke and survived. He is doing great, moving around, getting his own mush in the mornings and using his pitchfork to help him walk around outside. Farmer to the core! It truly has been a year to remember. Part of me is so glad that it's over, but an even bigger part is so glad that I got to be a part of it. Sounds strange I know, but I got to be there to take care of my mom after her taking care of me my entire life, to get the 2nd phone call saying that Myah was here, to watch Danny get married, to see Grandpa walk. As hard as it was I am so blessed to have seen it all. It has changed my perspective on life and (I hope) made me a better person. I appreciate things a little more. I don't worry about the small stuff that really doesn't matter. As long as I have my family, the rest can stay by the wayside. Sure, I have set goals - one being to lose a few pounds but really, who cares? In the grand scheme of things I just want to have things normal - well, as normal as they can be. Life goes on and I just want to enjoy all that it has to offer. I hope that 2010 brings as much joy as 2009 did - I'd take a little less drama though. Here's to hoping for a great year.

2 comments:

lovell said...

I know last year was really rough on you. I hope this year turns out to be wonderful for you and your family. I'm always thinking of you.

brunger bunch said...

What a great year for trials, and miracles! Love your short hair btw...it really looks cute on you!