My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Potty Training and Twilight

It's that time. Yup - time to potty train Natalie. I really wasn't too worried about it because I've heard how easy girls are and already having two boys, well it was supposed to be a walk in the park. Wo unto me..... this is torture. Whoever said girls are easier didn't calculate Natalie into the picture. She is the most stubborn, bull headed little girl on the planet. All kidding aside, she is testing me. It's a good thing she is my last because I won't win this battle anytime soon. She would rather put her "babies" on the potty. I keep reminding myself, during fits of rage in which she throws her panties at me and runs to get a diaper, that she is my only girl and I do love her.

This counts, right!!

Now to the best thing to happen in a long time. A little background first - Braxton hated Twilight. He couldn't figure out why I was so coo-coo crazy over some movie. The main reason for his extreme dislike of it is because there was a girl in it. Well, I got the movie on Saturday and we watched it that night. Dylan has been wanting to see it for some time now and I was reluctant. So I broke down and let them watch it. It started out with just Dylan and I and ever so slowly Braxton came in, sat down and started watching. Before I knew it he was laughing and asked me to replay the baseball scene. He was hooked. We have since watched it everyday, as per his request. When we go to run errands he insists on listening to the songs that I have on my ipod and get this...he knows what songs go to what part of the movie. Yes, he loves it now. He can't wait until New Moon comes out. Dylan likes it also, just not quite as much as Braxton and I. It has been my saving grace during potty training time.

Brax and Nati getting ready for our morning view of Twilight.
His new favorite show!!!

5 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

Potty training is torture.... doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl...torture regardless. Kenzie has been dying to see Twilight...I am having Nicole and her daughter Morgan, along with my mom over next Friday for a big Twilight party...Kenzie can't wait!

Shavon said...

I LOVE it! He is a great vampire. Our little James :)!

Magic Marker said...

So funny and cute! The baseball scene is definately my favorite too. New Moon will be great, hopefully! Yesterday was tons of fun:)

brunger bunch said...

Ugh!!! I am not looking forward to the potty thing. My first two were cake, and I can tell by my last little "princesses" personality that she is going to be a real JOY to potty train. Good luck with that:)

Kath said...

How cute that they will watch it with you!