My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Good times at our house!!

We have had a crazy couple of weeks so I am way behind on posting. I'll try to narrow it all down to just the basics to keep things short, sweet & to the point.

- Not a great story. I am just so excited that my bulbs are coming out. Maybe spring will come soon. Yeah! I am dying to go for walks with the kids after dinner.



- My Braxton. He is getting so big and needed a new church outfit. We went to the mall last week to find something and he had to have the one that big boys wear. Doesn't he look so cute? He collects ties. Some are quite interesting but he loves to dress up so I just go along with it.

- Dylan just finished up basketball season. He hasn't ever played before and had a great time. He got right in there and gave it all he had. He even made a couple of baskets and is excited to play again next year. We are so proud of him for trying so hard and being a good sport. I have other pictures of him playing but they are on the other camera. Yes, I got a new one. It's great, I'm just trying to figure everything out on it.

- Jason's truck broke down last week. The fuel pump went out. So amazing husband that I have, he ordered the part and fixed it himself. The only problem was that I was out of a parking spot in the garage for the week. We are grateful that his parents let him drive their spare vehicle until his was fixed. He finished it on Saturday, yeah!!! I have my spot again.
- Natalie got RSV two weeks ago. She was a mama's girl for the weekend. She is fine now and back to her sassy self. Let's hope we are coming out of the season for all that.

4th - I have a new calling in church.... Beehive Adviser. I am so excited and ready for a change. I was the Enrichment Leader for two years. Major plus for the new calling, I get to work with Shavon who is the Beehive Counselor. Good times ahead. I haven't done YW before and can't wait to have fun with the girls.

Well, you made it. Those are the hilights. On a side note - I have had a couple people ask how my mom is doing so here is an update. I know I have talked a lot about her so please bear with me. She had her third treatment this last Thursday. Things didn't go as well as before. There hasn't been a big enough change in the tumor. She has to have another MRI next week to get exact pictures. The doctor can then decide to either take what he can out or change her chemo. We don't know what will happen but are trying to be hopeful that the little feelers have pulled back some. It's been a hard weekend for her. I have been able to take her to the last two treatments and I just have to say that it is so humbling. Cancer affects so many people. There are some great stories out there of hope and survival. We are holding onto those stories. The hardest part for me came on Thursday. I saw for the very first time the look of defeat on my moms face. She has always been a "glass is half full" type of person. I never thought in a million years that we would be doing this. This road is the hardest I have ever had to walk but I will do it and try my hardest to keep her spirits up. She is a great lady and I hope that 6 months from now we can breath a little easier and smile a little more. Thanks for reading and keeping me smiling with your great stories.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Cancer sucks!!! You and your family are in our prayers. Sounds like you guys have been busy, busy is good it keeps us going. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Danielle Thompson said...

Love to see a few flowers trying to come up...spring must be close! And I agree...it's great to have husbands who can fix stuff and save all kinds of money. And don't worry about talking lots about your mom...you probably need to...I'm sure I would. We'll keep praying for her and your family.

Magic Marker said...

Love all of your cute pictures! We'll keep your mom in our prayers and heres to hoping the best for your mom; don't worry about posting what's going on with her, of course we all want to know!

brunger bunch said...

Braxton did look so cute on Sunday!! Congrats on the new calling, I know you will do an amazing job. Your mom and family is still in our thoughts and prayers:)