My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blue & Gold Banquet




Oh, how I love the scouting program. It was the annual Blue & Gold Banquet tonight. Dylan earned his Bear. He should have received it a few months ago but we were slackers. He finally completed everything right after Christmas and got it tonight. It's amazing the amount of stuff that is required for these things. He has great leaders that do a lot with them and make it easier on us parents. They also had each family decorate an "American" cake. My dad came up with the idea of making it like the Liberty Bell. Dylan thought it was a great idea. I went to work on it this morning and our internet went into some sort of wacky convulsive state so I couldn't google a picture of the Liberty Bell. So I, having already cut and frosted the initial bell part, pulled out a picture of the bell that was given to New York City by London right after September 11th that I took last year while visiting. It took some major time to write it all and probably didn't mean that much to the kids but the adults knew why it was important. He got the award for "Best Memorial". Way to go Dylan. Now we get to start working on the next advancement award. Yeah for scouting!!!

Update on mom: 12 days into the first treatment and suffering from extreme exhaustion, lack of appetite, food all together tasting awful, mouth sores, and sadly the start of hair loss. She & I went and got a wig on Saturday and I picked her up some hats and scarves today. She is still in good spirits and "fighting like a girl"- line from a blog my sister-in-law found on a breast cancer website. Now we say we are "fighting like a girl".

5 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

I agree...Scouting is so much fun for those boys. They just love everything about it! And I'm so glad your mom is keeping her spirit strong. I hope everything goes the very best that it can.

brunger bunch said...

It was a great cake!! Good job on earning the bear, it is work for mom and dad to right? At least thats how it is at our house:) I love the new line for your mom too!

Magic Marker said...

Cute idea for scouts! Glad that your mom is keeping strong..we will keep her in our prayers:)

lovell said...

What a cute cake.
Your mom is awesome I'm sure she will fight her battle and win. She is an amazing person. I really want to get together and do lunch. I'm not sure when it's a good time for you so would you please let me know. Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you.:)

Kath said...

I am so impressed with your cake! I am praying for your Mom...give her a hug for me.