My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, October 13, 2008

Fabulous Friday

The holiday magnets
As the night was wrapping up
Sisters just visiting
picture blocks minus the ribbon

Another Fabulous Friday has come and gone. I survived it-stress, worry, sleep deprivation, & complaints- and retained most of my sanity. Much to the dismay of others, we decided to follow the advice of our leaders and make things more simple this year. We only had 2 wooden crafts, one other non-wood craft and two classes. The first wooden craft was holiday magnets. I got the idea from a friend that actually gave me a set for Christmas last year. I loved them and decided to make them for each holiday. There were 3 in a set and they turned out so cute. The other wood craft was a picture block, which had 4 wire hooks on each one so that pictures could be put in them and they were tied with a ribbon. We also did was glass pan etching. I don't have a picture of that but it was really neat. Image having your name etched on the bottom of your cake pans so that there was no question as to whose it was. I have lost so many pans due to the lack of having my name permanently put on pans. We also had a chocolate dipping demonstration from a sister in our ward. She is so talented with making such yummy treats. Last but not least we had another sister come and talk about keeping things in perspective. We laughed hysterically, and learned a lot from her (she even flipped the bird to prove a point). Our ward has been encouraged to get 72 hour kits done for each household so we had those available to put together. Oh, did I mention sweet pork Cafe Rio salads - so yummy. We had a good turn out and the night ended on a good note. I am so relieved that its done and Jason is right there along with me. He was such a good sport by cutting 135 wooden magnet blocks, 20 picture blocks and drilling the holes in the blocks (all after being gone on a work trip for 5 days). What a trooper. If anyone knows my bishop, feel free to remind him that I have been doing this for 2 years and a break would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

jI've done the Super/Fabulous etc. days several times--so I totally feel your relief at having it done. Those days are fun but so much work to get ready for. My ward has simplified so much we have done away with super whatever. . . This year we actually did an evening of service. We made quilts, newborn caps, and hair accessories. We got supplies from the humanitarian center in SLC. We still had our traditional soups and breads and we ran the activity from 5pm-10pm. There were lots of comments about how great it was to visit and help others at the same time. And it was so much easier to plan!

Magic Marker said...

I'm glad that it's over for your sake, but I'm jealous because we never have anything like Fabulous Fridays of Super Saturdays. Our stake got rid of them years ago and I miss making all of the cute crafts and spending those great days with friends...

Shavon said...

Happy Days! After Book Fair, we can PARTY!!!!!

Kath said...

What cute things! I wish I could have crashed your night...I would have loved to come and make all those adorable crafts! You are so creative!