My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dylan's exciting life!!

BYU/SHS/MJHS blue - we killed 3 birds with one stone. This color should last a while. The grin of "I got what I wanted."
in true form. Wacky kid.


It's been a GOOD week for Dylan. As you read this I need you picture me taking a big, deep, calming breath. As most pre-teen/teens are, Dylan has been begging for a cell phone for what seems like forever to me. Our lines of "maybe next year" or "prove yourself" or "you have to earn it" were wearing thin and the pressure was on. Ok, really it wasn't that bad. He is a good kid, for the most part. I have actually been leaning towards him having one for a while now. He is getting to be quite the social butterfly - having late nights, babysitting, hanging out with buddies... etc. Keeping track of him and where he is was getting tricky so..... I got a new phone (it's purple :) making it so he got my old phone. We have limited his phone useage so that it is more of a convenience for us. He is in heaven. He has also been wanting to paint his room blue. I consented to painting one wall because it's in the basement and a little darker down there as it is. I have reminded him several times a day how lucky he is and how spoiled he is. So far he is performing like he is spoiled and helping out around the house. I'm crossing my fingers that he will continue to be a good kid!!

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

lucky boy...I'll have to make sure Kenzie doesn't see this one...she is absolutely positive she is the only 14 year old without a phone :)

lovell said...

I can't believe that we are hitting the teenage stage of life. Scary! Lexi is 11 and she is dying to get her own phone. I'm thinking maybe in Junior High. Hope you are doing well. We need to get together soon. Wish we all lived closer so we could hang out more. Life seems to get so crazy.