My people 2015

My people 2015

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All things Pink!!

Hat, water bottle, ring, necklace, bracelets & golf ball.
my favorites.
Proof that I did it.
last years motto.

I was a big brave girl today. I went and had a mammogram. Yeah for me!! I was nervous and a little scared, which would explain my lack of sleep last night. But I did it. The nurse was so fabulous and kind. She questioned why someone my age would be there but understood when I explained that although my mom was super brave and strong, I don't know that I could be - so I need to take precautions early. I had a moment while there and had to wipe away a few tears. I kept thinking that when my mom did this last year it didn't turn out as good as mine did today. I got home, wiped away some more tears and looked at all of my pink stuff that I have collected over the last year. So, while here in my "pink" moment, you get to see it. My favorites are my wishbone necklace, my pink rubber ring and my pink ribbon bracelet. A good friend gave me the necklace which came with a saying that goes something along the lines of "when the string breaks your wish will come true." I have tried to be so careful with it because I don't want to lose it. I wear my ring everyday. Jason found the golf ball last year up at Hobble Creek Golf Course - I thought it was super sweet of him to save it for me. I wore the purple "Cancer Sucks" bracelet lots last year along with the pink "hope" one. I have never been one to wear pink but I now have a few pink shirts & hats. So now you have seen my small collection of pink stuff. I still look for more fun, unique things to add to it. Life is good and I was brave!

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

You're right...life IS good! So glad this year is going so much better than the last one for you :)

Magic Marker said...

You are so brave and I'm proud of you! Life is great:)