My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, June 19, 2008

New York in May

Yes, after many years of talking about it we finally went on a girls trip to New York. Grandma Beth has been begging for so long so we went along with my mom, aunt, and three other cousins. We left on a Tuesday and came home on that Sunday. It was the trip of a lifetime for me. I haven't been before so I wanted to see it all. Unfortunately you can't see it all in 4 days, but I think we saw a ton. We went to 2 Broadway shows - Wicked and Phantom. Both were so wonderful. I rode in a cab for the first time ever, it was just as scary as I thought. We ate at a ton of little cafe's and pizza places, shopped on Canal Street, walked all over 5th Avenue and I got to buy some gum from a street vendor. I know it's silly, but I always wanted to do that. I think the most memorable sight we saw was Ground Zero. There was a reverence there that I can't describe. The chapel right across the street told the stories that we didn't get to hear. It was amazing and very humbling. Canal Street was quite the experience also - from being lead into secret rooms to chastizing cousins for climbing into the back of a van. I still can't believe they did that, just for a purse. We had the time of our lives, even got to see Josh Groban sing at Bryant Park and Mario Lopez at a book signing. Can't wait to go again!!

4 comments:

Magic Marker said...

Yeah Nickie you got a blog. I just added you to my friends list on my blog. It's so fun to stay in touch with everyone this way!

Danielle Thompson said...

Hooray for You! I was sure blogging would be way too time consuming--but it's kind of my online journal now and I'm having lots of fun with it. Your little girl is SO cute! My blog is neveradullmoment-thethompsonfamily.blogspot.com (Yeah-I know--way too long of a title). You'll have to take a look!

Randi said...

It's about time you start a blog. In all the many years we have been family, I had no idea what a good writer you are. I like the Nickie attitude you put in your posts, it makes it very fun to read. I will be a regular visitor to your blog so you best be updating regularly :) Even though I'll most likely hear the story from you.

I really like the picture of Nati you have on here. She's very much a Carter :)

Kath said...

I cannot even tell you how excited I am that you have a blog! It is my favorite way to keep in touch. I was soooooo bummed that I had to miss the little Art City days get together...I haven't seen you for way too long!!! I did end up flying in that weekend with just Brookie but was only there for 24 hours...from Friday afternoon to Saturday evening. I managed to catch the Art City Days parade and was hoping I would run into you there...but no luck! I am for sure coming the week of July 4th...lunch???