My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Colorful!

I know I haven't posted anything in quite a while, a year or so, to be exact. And you may think it's strange to post a picture of a can of spray paint - I have a point...stick with me. Hopefully it will all be worth it.
This past year has brought changes to my life. First, with Grandpa Ned passing away. This still tugs at my heart strings at times and brings a tear to my eye, especially when I'm with Grandma which is often. She's my side kick, as long as it's after 1 p.m. (she's a late sleeper). We go and get lunch, run errands for her or depending on my day I just take her lunch to make sure she's eating. She is one sweet little lady that I love spending time with.
Second, my kids getting bigger. I've reflected a lot over the past year on how quickly time passes. Often, while we're too busy to notice. I've tried (not always succeeded) to have more memorable moments with the kids. I really want them to look back and have great memories of silly things, like playing hide and go seek and not being discovered for about 30 minutes, and fun family times, like our cherished time in St. George for Spring Break. There have been a lot of what I call "tender mercy" moments that I will always remember and I hope they do too. For example, when I took Dylan out to say goodbye to Grandpa and seeing his heartbreak, or seeing Braxton glow after one of his piano recitals because he knew he'd done so well, or watching something click for Natalie after she'd try so very hard to learn new things that have been such a struggle for her.  I have amazing kids! I am truly blessed and I know it. I may want to pull my hair out at times (Dylan always "needing" things or being a taxi driver when I just want to lay down, Braxton arguing about putting the xbox away and playing outside, and Natalie just being Natalie....bless her heart), but I wouldn't have my life any other way. I am lucky!
Third, and more recently, I'm back to work! This is a big deal for me. I've been home since Braxton was about 6 months, so 10 years. I watched Riley for a few years, which was so fun. I worked from home for the bank for a year after I left. Other than that, it's just been me being home. I'd always dreamed of being able to stay home. I have a fabulous husband that supported me in this venture. We made it work. But now....kids all in full time school, I've had that itch to get back into the work force. I love being home but just need something that's very part time so that I can still be involved with the kids stuff during the day, and I really wanted something that's "mine". The house, the kids, everything is everyone's. My job is "mine". I have my running, which is my sanity and my other love, besides Jason (wink, wink). I love running. And now I love my job. I'm working at the junior high with some really great kids that bring a smile to my face every day. And with it being two days a week, I couldn't ask for more.
Lastly, I've been a spray painting obsessed person. It's really bad! Jason comes home not knowing what project I'm working on now. He's good and is never too surprised. When winter hit, my painting was somewhat stalled.....but the ideas (thanks to Pinterest) are flowing and ready to go when the weather permits again. I have such grand ideas that I want to have done before Natalie's baptism in May - kitchen chair seats repainted (colors I painted last fall don't quite agree with me), barnwood around the bar put up, entry table painted, mirror painted, and I'm sure I'll find something else too. It's spray paint and nothing is really permanent, which is what I tell Jason.
So when I think of the past year, I think of my spray paint. Lots of changes, good and bad, lots of great ideas, lots of color, and lots of fun! Here's to another colorful year!

No comments: